How do I protect my personal sensitive information while using the internet or email?
23 views |
Last updated on Feb 29, 2016
There are a number of ways to ensure that your personal sensitive information is safe while using the internet or sending an email.
- Use trusted and secure websites when entering your personal sensitive information.
- Look for a secure connection on websites, https (not http) should appear in the websites URL address. The S in https indicates that the site is a secure connection.
- Use caution when working over a wireless connection. Any sensitive information including passwords that are sent over a unencrypted wireless connection are relatively easy for hackers to intercept.
- Don't send personal sensitive information via text or instant message as these are generally not secure methods.
- Use extreme caution with file-sharing software as this opens your computer up to possible attacks from hackers and malicious files.