What should I do if I cannot print from my laptop?
When you are trying to print to a traditional printer from your laptop, there are several troubleshooting steps which can help you print your documents.
- Keep in mind that printers all come with printer "driver" software. This software must be installed on your computer before you are able to print.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on and that all cables are plugged up firmly.
- Check to see if there is paper in the printer.
- Check to make sure the printer cartridge is not empty. Normally you will see a message either on the printer itself or on your computer that will tell you when the paper or ink needs to be changed.
- Ensure that you are printing to the intended printer.
- Click Start, then Printers and Devices
- Right-click on the printer you are trying to print to and select Set as default printer. You will see a green check on the printer icon when it is set to default.
- Try unplugging the printer's USB cable and plugging it back in.
- turn the printer off and back on.
- Reboot your computer.
- Re-install the printer driver software.